SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Backend)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
We are an agile, collaborative, young mission-driven social enterprise. In a small but growing team, team chemistry is crucial. If you are looking for a strong, creative team with an opportunity to build a SAAS-based product, this opportunity is for you. This opportunity is NOT suitable for those who are looking for a typical outsourcing development services assignment where clients provide most of the requirements. You will bring independent thinking, with a strong interest in learning customers' user journeys, independently develop a solution based on seasoned software architecture principles, focus on strong user experience, and work to build a strong team. An individual interested in mission-driven (or nonprofit) organizations and their stakeholders' improvement is additionally preferred for this role. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drive research, case studies, and prototypes to bring leading-edge technologies and techniques to data modeling
- Provides feedback on, and influence, product strategy by challenging the status quo
- Design solutions that scale to enterprise volumes of data stored across a variety of platforms
- Provides input into long-range product requirements, best practices, and operational guidelines, with a focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
- You will balance clear long-term architectural vision with pragmatic, iterative delivery towards that vision.
Extensive experience in data modeling, relational databases. Strong SQL skills.
Exceptional software development skills (i.e., PHP, Python, Go, Nodejs)
Focus on PHP as our existing application is built with this, and the architect till have the opportunity to build a product from scratch with the latest tech stack
Demonstrable track record designing architectures that can run as a SaaS offering
- Love for getting things done (e.g., hands-on prototyping a new approach)
- More than 5 to 8 years of software development experience
- Ability to work with other architects, principal architects, and Chief Technology Officers to shape the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization.
- Ability to create an environment for honest and open discussion of all issues. You involve the right people, from your team and others, to resolve critical issues.